"You need permission to perform this action..." on a folder (and subfolders) on a shared drive in Windows 2008 R2
Hi, Has anyone experienced "You need permission to perform this action..." on a Windows folder on a shared drive in Windows 2008 R2? I first assigned a group (to which the users are members) with modify permissions, and then when that did not work, I assigned full control (with perms propagating all the way down); and I still got this error. Even as an administrator I was not able to create a simple folder on the folder (which is also subfolder of a share). If a user copies items from another location to this folder, the error still occurs. I've seen various articles about UAC etc, but I don't think this is applicable in this case... as these are non admins, and they have perms to this network folder. Very strange and I hav not encountered this in Windows 2003 environment - any ideas? Btw, this is in an RDS session on Windows 2008 R2 in 2008 AD... TIA
June 9th, 2011 11:23am

This has been addressed in the following section: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winservergen/thread/8e6b421b-9cdd-4c95-a747-f0d81bda81aa
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 9th, 2011 6:43pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics